With the cost of everyday home items increasing almost daily, we wanted to help our readers find a less expensive way to make DIY Fabric Softener. It is so easy to make, and can be make for much less if you use coupons to buy the hair conditioner in the recipe. If you are looking to eliminate this expense completely, you can also use these wool dryer balls and you will no longer need fabric softener.
DIY Fabric Softener
- 2 C hair conditioner (use some from your stockpile or whatever you got for FREE with coupons)!
- 3 C White Distilled Vinegar
- 6 C boiling or very hot water
- 1 bucket for mixing
- 1 empty liquid softener bottle or another plastic bottle for storage
- Pour boiling water and conditioner into bucket and mix thoroughly with a wisk. Make sure there are no clumps and it is completely smooth (this will take a few minutes).
- Add vinegar and mix thoroughly. The vinegar is the actual softener, and the conditioner is for the scent. The vinegar also helps with static cling!
Use this SAME formula to make fabric softener sheets! Simply fill an empty spray bottle (The same size as a Windex bottle) which 1C of detergent, and fill the rest with water. Spray 5-10 times (your preference) on an old washcloth or cut-up older towel and throw in the dryer with your clothes!
Do you have any favorite Homemade Cleaners or Home Remedies? Let us know!
Check out our other DIY/Frugal Posts!
DIY Baby Wipes
50 Uses for Vinegar
DIY Ice Melt (Safe For Pets)
Hydrogen Peroxide Miracle Cleaner
Homemade Laundry Detergent
Homemade Fabric Softener Crystals
Hydrogen Peroxide & Dawn Miracle Cleaner
DIY Homemade Window Cleaner
DIY Homemade Fabric Softener
DIY Homemade Febreeze Spray
DIY Foaming Hand Soap
How to Reuse Your Swiffer Wet Jet Bottle
How to Reuse Your Windex Touch-Up Pump
Organize Your Home in 30 Minutes or Less: 35 Days to an Organized Home
FREE Bathtub Toy Scoop
Homemade Ice Pack
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my disclosure policy HERE