Since my son was born last June I have been trying to find as many ways to save on baby items as possible, and I’m passing along how we save on baby expenses. Making our own baby wipes was just one way we try to save on baby expenses. Our other son was adopted over ten years ago, so I was shocked at how much baby expenses had gone up in the last ten years.
Making our own baby wipes was just the first step we took in cutting expenses. I had also read about how many wipes contain anti-freeze, and I really didn’t want my son coming into contact with all of those chemicals. We also started making our own diaper rash cream as well, and we use these wool dryer balls to reduce our energy costs and the amount of chemicals that touch his skin. You will definitely want to check out our guide on How to Start Using Cloth Diapers and our Ten Tips for Have a Baby on a Budget. Check out our video below about how to make your own baby wipes.
How to Make Your Own Baby Wipes
- 1 roll of Bounty Paper Towels
- Serrated bread knife or electric knife
- Baby Wash
- Baby Oil
- Empty Container
- Use knife to cut paper towel roll into half.
- Place into empty container.
- Mix 1 C Water, 1 Tbs. Baby Wash and 1 Tsp. of Baby Oil
- Pour over Paper Towels in container.
- Place lid on container and allow to sit for 10 minutes, then flip it upside down and let it sit for another 10 minutes.
- Open container and remove cardboard center, so wipes can be pulled from the middle.
Check out our other DIY/Frugal Posts!
DIY Baby Wipes
50 Uses for Vinegar
DIY Ice Melt (Safe For Pets)
Hydrogen Peroxide Miracle Cleaner
Homemade Laundry Detergent
Homemade Fabric Softener Crystals
Hydrogen Peroxide & Dawn Miracle Cleaner
DIY Homemade Window Cleaner
DIY Homemade Fabric Softener
DIY Homemade Febreeze Spray
DIY Foaming Hand Soap
How to Reuse Your Swiffer Wet Jet Bottle
How to Reuse Your Windex Touch-Up Pump
Organize Your Home in 30 Minutes or Less: 35 Days to an Organized Home
FREE Bathtub Toy Scoop
Homemade Ice Pack
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my disclosure policy HERE