With three dogs and a cat, we’re always looking for ways to save on pet products. Unfortunately, one of our dogs did contract Lyme disease several years ago in our back yard. Since the collars are so expensive ($15 per pet/per month), and we would be forking out $45 per month, we decided on an all-natural homemade solution for flea & tick repellent for our pets that we spray and comb through their fur each day. While this is more work, it definitely put s more money back in our wallet!
- 8oz. apple cider
- 4oz. warm water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 4-5 drops of Essential Oil (optional)
- (You can use any of the following, but do NOT spray near your pet’s eyes). I get all my essential oils for cleaning and DIY remedies from Young Living.
- Geranium Essential Oil
- Juniper Essential Oil
- Rosewood Essential Oil
- Thyme Essential Oil
- Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Oregano Essential Oil
- Myrrh Essential Oil
- Palo Santo Essential Oil
- Purification Essential Oil
- Spray Bottle
1. Pour all ingredients into spray bottle.
2. Apply to pet and brush daily to every other day.
3. Comb through fur.
4. Still do a daily check for ticks/fleas whether or not you spray that day or not.
Check out our other DIY/Frugal Posts!
Homemade Flea & Tick Spray
DIY Baby Wipes
50 Uses for Vinegar
DIY Ice Melt (Safe For Pets)
Hydrogen Peroxide Miracle Cleaner
Homemade Laundry Detergent
Homemade Fabric Softener Crystals
Hydrogen Peroxide & Dawn Miracle Cleaner
DIY Homemade Window Cleaner
DIY Homemade Fabric Softener
DIY Homemade Febreeze Spray
DIY Foaming Hand Soap
How to Reuse Your Swiffer Wet Jet Bottle
How to Reuse Your Windex Touch-Up Pump
Organize Your Home in 30 Minutes or Less: 35 Days to an Organized Home
FREE Bathtub Toy Scoop
Homemade Ice Pack
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my disclosure policy HERE